design question

mikemccloskey

This topic is 8277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I wonder if someone could help in design. I am creating two related files. One will be individual people, the other will be events (each record will be a different event. The individuals will be related to the events in that they will be attending them. I want to keep track of who attended what event, what the event charge was and whether or not the individual has paid for it. They will be paying in several payments. I want to be able to go to the event file and see who is attending, what owed and who owes it. Somehow in the individual file (or in the event file), I want to be able to enter the payments as they come, perhaps three or four payments, ie, the charge is 100, the first payment is 30, second is 20, etc. Any help would be appreciated. thanks, mike

Seems to me like you need an EventPayment file. Here you can records payments and link it to both the Event and People files. This basically becomes a join file between the two.

This also serves to create a many-to-many join between people and events, since people can go to many events and events can have many people. However this is not a true "join" file, since we will also be storing payment information in here.

This topic is 8277 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.