Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Show thumbnail in fm8 of pdf on windows

This topic is 6663 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am building a solution, which needs to show the first page of a pdf file as a thumbnail preview in a container field in fm8.

It works perfectly on Mac OS X, since the OS supports pdf. But the hazzle is that it need to run on windows. Quicktime does not support pdf on windows and I have tried CNS image and Troi file plugins.

The files is approx. 50 MB, so it would be preferable to link to the file, rather than importing it to fm.

Maybe what I am looking for is a way to grab a thumbnail and then put it in a container field.

Does anyone have suggestions to how this can be done ??

(...yes I know.... Why don't everyone just work on Mac ??)

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone

I can see that many people has viewed this post, but no one has a solution.

The problem is that all plugins, that deals with images, use quicktime. This allso means that only formats that quicktime support, will work.

Anyway, I have choosen Troi Fileplugin to generate a thumbnail from the images. This works much better, that reference to the large file itself, and speed up the solution.

The problem with pdf support etc. in quicktime did not find any solution.

So the user needs to make a jpeg of the first page in the pdf. Photoshop Elements can do this.

The user then points to the original file first, and if no thumbnail could be generated, they are asked to point to a jpeg version for the thumnail to be generated.

....If anyone was curious.....

This topic is 6663 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.