Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Script step to remove date?

This topic is 6708 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

In Scriptmaker, I'd like to insert a line in a script to remove a date from a date field. I would think I should use the "Set Field" script step, specify the date field I want to clear, and then enter "". However the calculation result must be a date so the field displays a "?" How can I rewrite this to simply get the date field to be empty?

Thanks.

Keep in mind that the field must be present on a layout in which the Clear[] script-step is activated (at least in vs. 7). Otherwise it won't clear the field. I don't believe this is documented in FM Help either ...

A straight Set Field [ dateField ; "" ] works in vs 7/8 now. It's a wonderful improvement over prior versions.

Good point. I don't think this has changed either.

Lee

:woohoo:

Long overdue, and thanks for point this out to me. I feel like a sponge with v8. Best version yet.

Edited by Guest
v8 remark

AnyDate is my sample date field name. You would just substitute the name of your own Date Field for it.

The only reason that this [color:red]Would Not work, is if the field is not on the layout that you're on when using the script. (see LaRetta post )

Lee

:cool:

This topic is 6708 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.