Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Data is invisible until I click on the field

This topic is 6706 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a feeling this solution is simple, but it's got me stumped.

I have 2 tables:

- Graphics (all items available for sale)

- Inventory (those items which we currently have in stock)

These two tables are joined by a field called "ItemID," which is defined in the Graphics table.

On my Inventory layout, I have inserted the field "ItemDescription" from the Graphics table (so that when I enter an ItemID on the Inventory layout, it will automatically fill in the description). Okay, so this works fine.

My problem is this: on the "Inventory" layout, both the "ItemID" and the "ItemDescription" fields appear to be empty after I've entered data into them. I know the data is there -- when I click into the field I can see it. Also, I have some calculations based on those invisible values, and the calculations work fine.

Why can't I see my data? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Newbies

I am having the same problem, but it doesn't seem to affect all of my fields, just some of them. I also have another diffent database that seems to work just fine. I looked at the text color to make sure it's not the same as the background color. I also tried resizing. Didn't help.

Make sure the fields are not type NUMBER and that you haven't changed the field formatting (right-click field, select number format) to boolean or decimal.

Because if you have, you can type and view text but when you exit the field the text will disappear. The text will reappear when you enter the field again.

• Newbies

Thanks so much. Even though your fix isn't exactly what helped, it at least got me there eventually. Turns out that the font I was trying to use doesn't exist in my fonts folder in my new computer. I had forgotten that my old computer had more fonts. So, the end result is I changed the fonts to ones I had and now everything is visible!

This topic is 6706 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.