Footer Not Printing

This topic is 6694 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Yes, Lee, I do see them in preview also. However, you may notice that even in the preview, the body extends for some ways down before you would see the footer. The dot matrix receipt printer I have (I guess like all other receipt printers) stops printing right after it senses the "last" line of printing. In my printing tests, the last line printed on the receipt paper is for the line "Total". Then the printing stops.

Is the setting for the "body" faulty in some way? Is there a ways to shrink that space between the last line in the body and the first line in the footer?

As a test ...

Try putting your Receipt#, Date and Time in the Trailing Grand Summary instead. Then delete the footer; footers always print at the bottom of the page.

After you've moved your fields, look in Preview mode. The results will be quite different (fields have moved up) and should print for you. :wink2:

LaRetta, Lee, or anyone else who may have viewed my files, I have another problem (Lee, I'm not sure if it's ok to post it here as a followup to my previous question or I need to add another post), the manager here does not like the "solution" I've created. She wants to be able to scan item after item without having to click 'New' to create a new record, and without having to input the quanity (quantity remains at one for every scan, which is easy to set). And if the same item gets scanned in again, the program can automatically group it together with the other item and increment the quantity however much.

She also mentioned that Walmart has a cool system where if they have an item on sale for 2.95 each and 2 for 5.00, if one is scanned in, the price comes up as 2.95, but if a second one gets scanned in, the second price would come up as 2.05 (2.95 + 2.05 = 5.00).

Can anybody give me some pointers here as to how I can modify what I have here, maybe in the define fields, define scripts area, regarding automatically bringing up a new record when one item has been scanned in, and regarding the grouping? Or maybe even some other "cool" feature which you think may be helpful.

All suggestions would be much appreciated.

Ants, I would probably start a new thread with your new problem.

For it to scan and then create a new record, you will have to use an Event Script plugin. As for how to get multiple prices for the same item, there probably could be a couple of different ways of doing this but lets leave that for the new thread.

This topic is 6694 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.