Looking Up data

Dnewc1965

This topic is 8234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

My platform is pc and I am having a problem trying to lookup data.

Presently, I have a file named clinic fee schedule, Encounter(master). On the master encounter I have three fields titled Fee ID, Fee name, Fee amount. In the clinic fee schedule I have approximatly 18 different clinics. Within these clinic there are generic services approx 20 the clinics perform these services for our office, but we pay each clinic a different fee amount for the service they provide. Example, Physical, EKG,Drug collection are the generic names but each of these have different fee amounts according to clinic. I have all this information in the clinic fee schedule file. These are the fields

Clinic ID 312

Clinic Name XYZ

Fee Id 311 Physical

Fee Name Physical

Fee amount 70.00

What I do now is use a pull down in the fee id field to extract the data. It works like this. Once I put in the fee id (311 Physical) it uses the relationship Fee Id=Fee Id than fills in fee name fee amount through a lookup based on relationship. What I want to do instead of scrolling through fee Id pop up menu I would rather just us the generic field and have fm look up the fee amount.

Right now it works like this

311 Physical brings up physical in one field and 70.00 in another

What I want:

Physical brings up amount with Fee ID used to generate infor without field on layout.

Let me see. You want to select the Fee Name and have the Fee ID and Fee Amount appear? If so, I would create a composite key in both files. In the key would be:

CompKey (calculation, text, indexed) =

Clinic ID & Fee Name

Base your relationship upon this key in each file. Bring Fee ID and Fee Amount across as either related fields or lookups.

-bd

This topic is 8234 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.