Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM v8.02 Updater

This topic is 6694 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

At the top of this page :

http://www.filemaker.com/support/updaters/fm8v2_mac.html

It's "Available soon!"

but the download link is at the bottom of this page . . .

I think they mean the Advanced updaters is still to come, as the link on the bottom of this page points to the Standard download only . . .

My $0.02

The update worked fine for me to update Filemaker 8 on both Mac and PC (reg and Advanced)

I also got it to work fine on Filemaker 7 Server on the PC and on Server Admin Tool on the PC.

The Server Admin Tool on the Mac was a different story. It wouldn't update. Then I realized that Filemaker has been installing programs in the Applications folder in my Home folder not in the Application Folder at the 'root' of my hard drive.

I moved the Folders to the 'main' Application Folder then the update worked.

Shame on Filemaker for releasing an updater that isn't smart enough to realize that there can be more than on Application Folder!

Jerry

I just updated Advanced on XP Pro with no problems except that now no existing databases will launch with a double click. They will open from within FM. I have checked file associations and they seem to be correct. Any ideas, besides stay off the bleeding edge......

Just read the tech note (answer ID:5696)on Filemaker's support site and it solved the problem.

Edited by Guest

This happened to me and one of my customers as well. She was using Ver. 6, bought Ver. 8 tried to install it and it couldn't find her installed version 6 and would not accept her version 6 license. I bought Ver. 8 and had the identical problem. What is going on here? Wonder what the correct format for entering the license key is supposed to be?

I kept trying combinations until I finally hit on the correct format, I can't remember what it was.

I downloaded the FM 8.0.2 updater now for some reason my FM7 files will not open. I've never had these kinds of problems since I began using FileMaker 3. Is FileMaker going the way of Microsoft Word. I remember when it was a really great word processor.

I'm making an effort to learn FM8 but it is really taxing my patience. It's just not as user friendly as any previous version, of course, these are just my opinions.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6694 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.