Server Maintenance This Week. ×

changing font size based on number of characters

This topic is 6665 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know it's possible to write a script that eliminates extra spaces and extra returns (I don't know how to do it but I know it's possible:-). But if after all the extraneous junk is removed from a field, there is still too much info in the field, what else can I do? Is it possible with scripting to say that if there are more than 500 characters in a field, to change the font size to "10" (from "12") and if there are more than 700 characters in the field, to chanage the font size to "8" or something like this?

I'm trying to solve the same problem that I posted under another topic (merging objects with formatted text or something like that) which no one was able to help with. If anyone has a suggestion, please let me know.

Thanks,

Stephie

yeh... its fairly easy... just make another field (calc with result text)... then just use a basic case function...

Case(Length(TextField) => 200; TextSize (TextField ; fontSize);

Length(TextField) => 400; TextSize(TextField; Smallerfontsize);

Length(TextField) => 600; TextSize(TextField;

EvenSmallerFontSize))

And just replace the word TextField with your field that has the text in it... and the whole fontsize and smaller font size etc. with the desired font size... remember this is not a script, it is a calculation... so use a calculation field....

This topic is 6665 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.