Server Maintenance This Week. ×

AppleScript in runtime = <MyFile> got an error: Data is being accessed by another user, script, or transaction. (Error -10011).

cincin

This topic is 6665 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

FMP Dev 6.0v4, Mac OS 10.4.4

In my main solution I have a simple FMP script that preforms an AppleScript if Status(CurrentPlatform) = 1 or -1:

tell application "Timer"

open "Timer.clm"

end tell

Where "Timer" is a FMP 6.0v4 runtime file and "Timer.clm" is the related runtime FMP file with a custom extension.

Basically this is meant to open the separate FMP runtime "Timer" from my main solution.

It works perfectly before I turn my main solution into a runtime.

Once the main solution is compiled however, the script returns the following error message:

got an error: Data is being accessed by another user, script, or transaction. (Error -10011).

Where is the name of my main solution file.

The "Timer" runtime does not open. The script returns this error no matter what.

Any idea ?

Thanks to all

Cheers

cincin

Hello,

Here I am answering my own post again :

After some more testing I found a way to make it work, not sure exacly why it does work, but it does.

So in order for an AppleScript inside a runtime to be able to open another runtime without getting that pesky error message:

- The extensions of the two runtimes should be different

- There should be a single copy of the runtime being openned by the AppleScript on the computer, including in the trash.

Those are assumptions but changing the extension and making sure there was a single copy of the runtime being called by AppleScript solved my problem.

Hope it may help someone else...

Cheers

cincin

This topic is 6665 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.