Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Automating Script to Execute

This topic is 6653 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to find records that have been "marked" for printing by a user. I plan on setting up a machine just for the sole purpose of running a script lets say every 5 minutes to search for these "marked" records in order to print them as a pdf. The final step will be to then email the pdf to the user or possibly store it in a container field for the user to download.....the reason behind all of this is because the user environment will be IWP.

Thanks.

Well if its on a dedicated machine and that is the machines only purpose...

Loop

Pause/Resume Script [Duration (seconds): 300]

{script steps you want to execute}

End Loop

On a side note if a user is "marking" the records they want to print why not use a button that will execute your script?

Edited by Guest

Thank you for your response. The reason I cannot execute the script from the user side is because IWP does not support printing. If you know of a way that a pdf could be printed in IWP I would be delighted to hear how.

Thanks for your help.

Is it an ordinary version that runs as IWP server? if so put it in the initiation script. When ever any other script is performed resume the initiation script again after completion.

You could make a compiled applescript you in the initiaion starts ...but be carefull none of the fields should be shared in common with the userinterfaces since no-one are likely to hear when the applescript bleeps over denied access. I could be done with calcfields relaying the values.

--sd

This topic is 6653 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.