Calculating Grades

This topic is 6645 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a join table (Enrollment) between Students and Classes. I then have a join table (Assignment) between classes and assignment results. I have tried to get an average of the scores from the assignment results for every student in each class.

I have a field on the Enrollments table named gradeAverage. This field is an average of AssignmentResults::Score. All I have gotten it to do is either average all the scores in the table (so everyone ends up with the same average) or all the students scores in every class (so a students average is the same in every class). The latter was done using a second occurence of the Results table related to the Students table. How do I fix this? I'm think it's a relationship thing, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

Sounds like your Assignment RecordID needs to be a key in a relationship between an Assignment table occurrence and the other table occurrence from which you want to view the info. Also, you might need more than one key field in your relationship, depending on the perspective from which you'd like to view/filter the data.

Hope this helps!

I actually figured it out. I changed the relationship between the second occurence of the AssignmentResults table to be related to the Enrollment table by StudentID and EnrollmentID. So far works perfect. Thanks, though.

This topic is 6645 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.