Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Finding/Sorting w/in Portals

ryan93

This topic is 8714 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have created and inventory tracking database. Within the database I have a few portals. I would like to do finds on portal rows. Basically what's going on is that I have a database of "inventory transactions." The portals are taking information from that database. I want to omit all the portal rows from a layout that doesn't have a purchase order number, po number is a field in the portal row. By doing this I can create a receiving layout that lists all the open and closed PO's by part number. If anybody knows anything about finding records within portal rows please help. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance...

Seeking Solutions

quote:

Originally posted by ryan93:

I have created and inventory tracking database. Within the database I have a few portals. I would like to do finds on portal rows. Basically what's going on is that I have a database of "inventory transactions." The portals are taking information from that database. I want to omit all the portal rows from a layout that doesn't have a purchase order number, po number is a field in the portal row. By doing this I can create a receiving layout that lists all the open and closed PO's by part number. If anybody knows anything about finding records within portal rows please help. Any information would be helpful.

Thanks in Advance...

Seeking Solutions

You need to better define your relationships to display the right information in the portals.

You can perform find in the related fields in a portal, but it functions the same as any find within the file and will not restrict the data shown in the portals at all.

I suggest using calculated keys in your databases that are only valid if the particular criteria is met.

For instance cInvTrackID = If ( IsEmpty (PO Number), "", InventoryTrackingID )

Then you have a relationship between Inventory Tracking and Inventory Transactions like so InvTrackID = cInvTrackID.

Then you will only get records in the portal which have a PO Number.

------------------

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Kurt Knippel

Senior Filemaker Developer

http://www.inthescene.com

mailto:[email protected]

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

This topic is 8714 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.