Open file with startup scripts

This topic is 4009 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

With your document opened, create a script that does what you want for opening the files.

Then, go to FileMaker >> Preferences >> Document.

In the portion that says When Opening, perform Script.... Your Scrip will show in the drop down list.

HTH

Lee

Hi Daryl,

Did you apply Allow User Abort [ On ] within the startup script? If not, the moment you start your file, hit [esc] repeatedly.

Otherwise, take a new file and create a join to the offending one - join criteria doesn't matter. Place a field from the offending file directly on your new file's layout. This will open the offending file without running its startup. :wink2:

LaRetta

• 7 years later...
  • Newbies

I also want to execute a script when I open a document. The one I have was created in a much older version and converted for version 12. When I go to Filemaker>Preferences there is no option for "Document." I get a pane that has General, Memory, Plugins, Fonts. No "Document" and none of the panels has something that lets me choose a startup script. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Ed

Ed, it's not done in Preferences. I believe it's in file options.

Daryl,

Since you have Advanced, you could launch FileMaker , open the script debugger, then open your file. Use the debugger to stop the script from running.

This topic is 4009 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.