field, object

This topic is 6583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

You could use 2 layouts: 1 for browse and the other for printing. In the browse layout add a scroll bar to the field. In print layout make the field large and set it to srink to fit or use merge a suggested by Phil.

Is there something I'm missing with merge fields? Don't you still have to set the size of the field on the layout?

I have a resume field which can be anywhere from 1 - 50 pages long. I have not been able to figure a way to display in either browse or preview modes.

You have a 50-page long FIELD? We don't have enough information to provide a perfect answer. Why do you need Preview Mode? What do you see in Preview that can't be seen in Browse? Are you using a List layout? It isn't grouped is it (no leading part or sub-totals)?

Ideally, that resume field should AT LEAST be sectioned as Work Experience, Education, Skills etc. Multiple FIELDS can slide also. I guess I'm just confused on what you are doing and why and I think there are ways around your problem. I'm not that great on reports but if you give us more information, I would bet one of the Report Magicians can solve it pretty easily. :wink2:

Hi LaRetta:

All of the data is already separated. I need to store the Resume/CV only as a viewable/Printable and emailable (Is that a word? : )) layout.

Mainly, I use this display to quickly review the CV while talking to the candidate or client. Since I deal primarily with Engineers and Scientist the Resume/CV can be as large as 50 pages. I'd say the average is 10. I thought that when I put the data into the field and look at it in Preview mode I would see all the pages, however, I only see up to the number of pages I have allowed within the layout. Which is 4 pages.

Ideally, I wanted to be able to drop the data into the field and while I'm talking to a client, click on a button and email him/her the CV we are discussing. It was just one of those "nice to have" ideas that wouldn't require as many steps to accomplish. Right now I'm using a work around with SMTPit.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Al

This topic is 6583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.