Complete Field with Button initiated script

This topic is 6606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

in conjunction with my other question about the maximum number of scripts, I realized I've missed a step.

As well as having the button go to the next field, I want the same button and script to enter today's date in a completed date field.

Let's say my conditional field is field 1 and my completed date field is field 2 (is there a convention for naming fields in these questions?). If the answer to field 1 is yes, go to field 3. If the answer to field 1 is no, go to field 4.

so even though I've decided to have a script per variation, I was wondering if I could create one script to have the completed date field have today's date. In non-FM language, I'm thinking the logic is like this

If Field1 <> null

then set Field1 to Today's Date

...If Field 1 = yes go to Field3

...Else go to Field4

End if

Lines 1, 2 and 5 would be the Completed Date script. But the next time I use this Completed Date script it will be with a different field so that needs to be a variable of some sort based on location (?)

Lines 3 and 4 would be the conditional go to a different field script.

I now see that I'm going to have a problem because I want to nest the unique script within the common and repeatedly used script.

help

Christopher

Edited by Guest
didn't look right

This topic is 6606 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.