Linking layouts (pages)

robowen

This topic is 6587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all,

Hope there's an Einstein out there for this one.

I have a jobs database. There is a job layout for each er, job. On that page there are buttons taking you to a job end sheet and contract. Now using the contract layout page as an example at the moment when I click on the contract button it takes me to the contract but it's the last contract I did not necessarily linked to that job. I want to link the Job layout to the Contract layout (& Job End layout) so that those pages are related to that particular job. Essentially, each time I create a job 1 job end & 1 contract page are created too making them distinctly related to that job.

phew! Hope this makes sense. Any questions please shout.

It does not take an Einstein to know that this is probably a terrible way to write a database. There is something very wrong with the relational design if you have to create a new layout for every job. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean by "job." You simply create a new record, and all the data fields are blank. You enter the data for the new job. It may be that you do have a few layouts, if some types of jobs are very different from others.

Each record is unique but they all share the same layouts. I want to sort the database relationship so when I create a new record a new Job End and Contract layout are also created for that record. I create a record with blank fields and the same is true of the relating layouts. As I said at the momment I go to the contract page using a button I placed on the record layout but it goes to the last contract I did NOT a fresh blank contract. Is it the relationship diagram I should be looking at?

• 2 weeks later...

This topic is 6587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.