Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Dragging between containers

This topic is 6587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to drag an image from one container in a layout to another in the same layout (i.e. "move" the image) but so far all I can seem to do is copy it by dragging (i.e. it stays in the original container but is reproduced in the target as well).

Is there a way to simply move the image?

Thanks, Muzz

Thanks Genx,

I really wanted the simplest user interaction. With a choice of maybe 6 images to choose from and one target container, dragging would be the simplest option.

I guess scripting means buttons too, rather than simple dragging.

Hi Muzz,

So far, [color:orange]Genx has given you two ways to move a image between two container fields. Since neither seems to be what you want, why not tell us what you have now, and what you are wanting to have as a result.

HTH

Lee

Thanks Lee,

I hope it's not bad form to post a file but this may explain what I'm trying to do.

Maybe think of it like one of those little puzzles that has 8 squares which can move around in a 3x3 matrix, with one empty space - as you move a piece, it leaves the new empty space behind it.

Thanks, Muzz

Matrix.zip

Edited by Guest

Well, as you found out, Filemaker will not let you move by dragging. Perhaps you could make it work with a two-click shuffle: first click moves the contents of the clicked field to a holder field; second click moves the contents of the holder field into the clicked field.

The closes example of what I'm understanding as what you want to do, is an old file by Thord Hertzberg called: [color:blue]15-Game and can be downloaded at a couple of sites, such as Don Wieland site;

http://www.dwdataconcepts.com

Then, click on the button for Games, and it is 2nd or 3rd from the bottom.

The file is in version 3 format, and I was able to convert it to 6, I didn't try version 7 or 8, but if it gives you trouble, let me know. Also, it is locked down, so you will need to contact Thord Hertzberg about getting access to it, if it seems to do what you want.

I did play with it a bit, and I think I can make your file work like it, but I'll need to fool around with a bit.

HTH

Lee

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Oh well, looks like ill have to rationilize it myself, interesting that the main container can hold multiple files though. Has some potentially interesting uses.

Cheers for the file Daniele

~Genx

This topic is 6587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.