no switching between records

This topic is 6583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having a hard time understanding why you don't want them to flip though the found set? In other words, do you really only want them to see the first record in the found set.

Maybe if you can tell us what your concerns are, we can help in more detail. There are lots of ways you can limit user access (i.e. Hide Status Area, Access Privileges, Button Navigation, etc.).

HTH

Lee

Hi Lee

I would like to switch this feature off also and so can give you an example of why one might not want a user to flip between records.

In a portal I display my found set to the user who then selects the record they wish to view. Before this record is displayed calculations are made based on the data within that chosen record and the results are then displayed along with the entries on the record.

Should the user flip from one record to another in the found set he will have one set of data being displayed alongside a calculated set of results from a different set of data.

I could do with them NOT being able to do this - in fact you have just made me realise that if I omit the record as it is selected and show only omitted that would restrict the found set to one record only would it not and thereby solve the problem.

I must go and try that! will get back to you

Thanks

Phil

Hey Lee

That worked - Thanks a bunch!!

Wow!!

I didn't post a question, you didn't answer my non-post and I still got the answer I was looking for.

This is some forum!!

Thanks again

Phil

ps Hope justdippin got something out of this.

hello,

the background is that i want to make a webshop with fm. People have their log in code and they can view their record. I don't want them to switch between other records that concern about other ppl.

Example i have invoices of all contacts in my fm db. But i only want the invoice shown that concerns the contact that log in. He must not see all the invoices of other people.

Other question.. how can i link the login names to the db values?

i hope you guys have ore background information now so you can help me solve my problem.

thx again :P

bb

Hi BB

What I did in my previous post was to find the record that I wanted to work on and immediately upon finding it I omitted the record and then issued a 'show omitted only' step. That effectively gave me a found set of 1 so there was nowhere else to scroll to or to look at.

It strikes me that what you need is a relationship between the person logged in and their 'related' records. That way if you got your logged in person down to a found set of one they would only be able to see their own 'related' records.

If you haven't done so already (and since you are listed as a beginner so you might not have done so)might I suggest that you look up relationships in the help file and go from there.

Get back if we can help some more

Phil

ps you probably don't want to store the login name in your data as that might change. Instead use an id of some kind that never changes and better still is never seen

HTH

This topic is 6583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.