Show omitted record in find mode without status area

This topic is 6577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi!

How to show omit state if record is omitted in find mode with status area locked?

And also how to show number of find reqests (like "find request 1 of 3 total" )?

Thanks

Dejan

Edited by Guest

It's not quite clear what you wish to accomplish, but it's somewhat easier to get via applescript, where you can do something like this:

tell application "FileMaker Pro Advanced"

try

show (second request whose omitted is true)

on error

display dialog "No second omitted requests found"

end try

end tell

But what puzzels me slightly is your expression:

How to show if record is omitted in find mode

Do you here mean that you as I in my previous example took it for granted that you ment a "omitted request" since you don't see records in find mode, or do you wich a already omitted record to remain omitted when issueing the next find??

--sd

Sorry, my typo...(I have edited the earlier post)

I am working on runtime solution which will have no status area (locked, hidden) and solution has buttons in find mode to perform find, constrain, extend and omit. Problem is that in find mode no text is displayed. I can make field with calculation

Get (RequestOmitState) and field would show omit state (but it doesnt becouse it is in find mode).

I was thinking to create one extra field which is populated when button omit is clicked and is cleared before perform find for each request.

Edited by Guest

Alright what about building the request with an overhead of say 10 request via the requestbuilder in Perform Find[

Say you make 4 omitted requests and 6 ordinary with dummy data, via Modify Last Find[ could you be looping thru these, where you could either delete the request or stuff something in it other than the default dummy, you would via the looping be abel to establish what kind it is with the Get (RequestOmitState) command, alternatively can you make 10 ordinary request, where you then change each requests status if you should wish like this:

Set Error Capture [ On ] 

Perform Find [ Specified Find Requests: Find Records; 

Criteria: Untitled::aField: “a” AND Untitled::bField: “b” AND Untitled::cField: “c” Find Records; 

Criteria: Untitled::aField: “a” AND Untitled::bField: “b” AND Untitled::cField: “c” Find Records; 

Criteria: Untitled::aField: “a” AND Untitled::bField: “b” AND Untitled::cField: “c” ] [ Restore ] 

Set Error Capture [ Off ] 

Modify Last Find 

Go to Record/Request/Page [ 6 ] [ No dialog ] 

Omit Record 

Go to Record/Request/Page [ Next ] 

Loop 

Exit Loop If [ Get ( FoundCount ) = Get ( RecordNumber ) ]

Delete Record/Request [ No dialog ] 

End Loop 

Delete Record/Request [ No dialog ] 

What this script does is, that it prefab 10 request, to modify - but then is the cursor taken to the 6th request where it's modified to an omitted request. Then into the looping, where the remaining 4 requests are deleted.

The whole idea is that via $variables or scriptparamters, are the requests modified to the task at hand!

--sd

No I think I can guess, you wanted the calcfield to evolve as a displayed value in each request, in order to get the user to eyeball the request type. There is hardly a non scripted approach to this.

Here's some different approaches!

http://www.filemakerpros.com/ParseFindRequests.sit

--sd

Thats great, but it doesn't differ much from what I suggested, except that Bob uses a global field to tell the status, since globals are the only type allowing to be shown in both modes.

So the real answer is to set the status in a global field with a script, which rules out showing such measure in list mode entirely!

However do I think that quite a few users might not get the finer point in such an approach, and instead would like this approach instead:

http://previews.filemakermagazine.com/videos/544/SavedSearches_full.mov

--sd

This topic is 6577 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.