Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Container Field Size and Image Dimensions

This topic is 6585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am wondering if there are any "rules" that one might use with container fields and stored images. Is there a relationship between the dimensions of the stored image and the dimensions of the displayed field with the image. This is on OS X 10.4.6 in FM8A.

The client wishes to have the layout BODY change color based on a parameter. So I create a calculated container field that derives value from the rep# of a repeating global container field. I screen-snap some color blocks into _gImage and the value in _cImage changes based on the parameter. I place _cImage on the BODY part and make it exactly the same size as BODY. I would expect that BODY, when viewed in BROWSE, will be exsactly covered by _cImage. It's not so I fiddle with GRAPHIC FORMAT - crop, enlarge, reduce, retain proportions etc.

What if ther actual image is smaller then the field? or larger? or the same size? Results are spotty.

I have now fiddled so much with varying results I thought I'd query the forum to see if some kind guru has posted a "Guide To Displaying Container Graphics".

Here's hoping!

Hi wonfuji,

In the container field's Graphic Format options, you can set it to 'Reduce or Enlarge'. This will make it streach to fit into the container field. Attached is a demo of layouts made with container graphics.

You'll notice there is an annoying one-pixel border around the outside edge. This seems to be an issue in both FM7 and FM8. I haven't seen any way around this, but you could deal with it by turning it into a drop shadow effect with the addition of a couple dark lines to to cover up, say the bottom and right edges.

Colors_Global.fp7.zip

This topic is 6585 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.