Help! Newbie needs simple script to add fields

This topic is 6520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I need a simple script to add a price field if a check box is valid. The trick is its in FM5 and I'm a novice. Someone tell me what fucntions i need to use (GetSummary, Count, Sum)?

My need is deceptively simple. There is a Check Box, Price, and Total. Every record will have the same total value (no sub total or running total).

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

That's close. I was planning to use one record per item with one file maker DB. Yours is a good solution for managing a master price list. My idea is like what if you wanted to track buying the ingriedients (20 pounds of mushrooms, 10 pounds of olives, etc. with check boxes to sort who you buy them from).

What is the need for the 8+, 8 parameters in sum? Will you explain that?

What is the need for the 8+, 8 parameters in sum? Will you explain that?

It's what a magherita costs, the base price all pizzas need to have included to prevent a giveaway.

to sort who you buy them from

Thats another issue, similar to weighting of parcels to deside what kind of stamps it need.

What it requires is that you make a file where you have two fields - one for the threshold that makes you choose a new supplier.

The way the original file subscripes to it is via a Lookup Next Lower, with the quantity as key field. This means that the lookup graps the supplier with a lower threshold until the desired quantity reaches the new higher threshold.

Should I make you a template or are you suffiently guided??

--sd

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I've found my post after being redirected to this sub-forum. And, I've got a follow up question.

Søren helped me get to the point of calculating and validating the total value. I can use some more brief ideas to get the value from all records with (getit) to add their (price) to equal the (total).

field (total) is a calculation...

Case(IsValid(getit),Sum(price),0)

Right now this only gets the total of the current record. Can something be done with Sum(price) to reference all the records?

C

Edited by Guest
Added question...

• 5 weeks later...

This topic is 6520 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.