Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Save as Copy Scripting

This topic is 6582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Here's the problem. For some reason we want to to take a file, call it theOriginalFile.fp7, and

first make a compacted copy of theOriginalFile.fp7 and call it theCopiedFile.fp7. Next we want to take that file (theCopiedFile.fp7)and make a clone of it.

So I have automated the first portion. Takes theOriginalFile.fp7 and makes a compacted file, but I can't seem to "select/go to" the new file and continue with scripting.

In the Save as script step one can open the file after saving, but i dont seem to be able to continue.

Note: This is all part of the scripting steps, i'm not trying to manually copy and clone each file, I know how to do that.

I will explain further if needed, because I am pretty sure that I didnt explain it well. Thanks for any help

Edited by Guest

If i understand you correctly after you open the saved file, the clone part of it needs to be run from a script within the opened file.

This can be done by performing an external script from the newley created file.

HTH

• Newbies

Im not sure how to respond to that, I created the script in the original file. All the scripts are then copied into the new file but I dont know how to access them (from the original script), being that they dont exist yet?

I know thats sort of unclear, but how does one run a script that doesnt exist yet.

To run the save as script correctly one must run it from the local file.

I havent tested this but my thought is by saving the copied file with the same name and file location each time. You should be able to set the exernal script to point to that file.

Of course you would have do it manually the first time, that way the file would be there as well as the script. Every time after that as long as the file was named the same it would find the file and the script.

I am afraid thats all I can come up with. If someone else has a solution maybe they will share it with us.

I think you missed what I was trying to get at, I attached a test.zip file.

The first file "test" has two scripts(test and test2)

First in the orignal file "test" run the "test" script this will replace the "test copy" file

then "test" performs an external script "test2" in the test copy file. this will make another file called test clone. Ending up with 3 files, the original a test copy, and test clone

I had all the files on my desktop you may have to reset the filepaths when you unzip the two files.

HTH

test.zip

This topic is 6582 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.