Portal Current Record Number

indyslim

This topic is 6561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I've learnt that @@ can be used to track the record number in a portal. However, the same @@ in the related table will give the current record number out of the whole table, and not just the current record number of the related records. Is there a function or short cut that I can use, that will show current record number from only related records?

thanks

indy

I am not sure I understand your question. The ordinal position of related records is based on the relationship or portal's sort order. So it is possible to have related records in completely random numeric order, when displayed in their local table, if they are not sorted according to the same order that is defined in the relationship/portal.

Perhaps you could give an example and clarify what you are trying to accomplish.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Let me try to be more articulate.

When I include a "@@" in the portal, each related record in the portal displays a number that looks like the serial number for the related records.

Now, when I click on a button it will take me to the layout displaying the related records in detail. My question or need is:

I want this layout to show me the same serial number displayed by "@@".

For eg: I have the first table containing patient information, and a second table containing information about asthma episodes. On my main layout, I have patient information with a portal point to asthma episodes. This portal will list key information about all the asthma episodes that the patient had. In the portal I have included "@@". This tells me the asthma episode number. But, when I click on the portal button to go the detailed asthma episode layout - I lose this asthma episode number. The "@@" does not work here. I want to display the Asthma Episode number in this layout.

Is there an easy solution to this or should I start researching on a more complex method.

Thank you

indy

Hi, indyslim!

Have one Global_Field in episodes file, and in script which opens portal record detail, add row:

Set field[Global_Field,Get(CurrentPortalRow).

This is one of ways. Other way is to have identify field in episodes file and show it in portal and detailes.

When I include a "@@" in the portal, each related record in the portal displays a number that looks like the serial number for the related records.

Now, when I click on a button it will take me to the layout displaying the related records in detail. My question or need is:

I want this layout to show me the same serial number displayed by "@@".

Check the option 'Show only related records' in the GTRR script step. This will take you to a found set of related records only, sorted by the same sort order as the portal where the button is placed - so the @@ symbol will have the same meaning in both.

This topic is 6561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.