Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Receipt printer & Cash Drawer

garrys

This topic is 6492 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Why is the printer connected to the Cash Drawer. Wouldn't it just be easier to connect it directly to the pc and exploit its functions using OS level scripting?..

Just a suggestion... I'm not exactly sure how a printer could manipulate the cash drawer, nor have i ever heard of a printer being able to affect another peice of hardware, but then again i've never dealt with a Point of sale system before.

~Genx

Garry:

All the FileMaker POS systems I've seen use the Troi Serial plug-in to send the serial signal to the cash drawer. What that signal is will depend on your specific drawer.

-Stanley

Hi Garry,

In the EPSON TM printer, there is a parameter you can set. This will automatically send a signal to RJ11 to open the cash box the moment you print a receipt. You do not have to do anything else.

Please refer to the Epson manual for detail.

We use PayGo and the receipt printer (Star TSP600) opens the cash drawer on print.

I actually wish this were not the case because it makes it very easy to open the cash drawer if someone simply prints ANYTHING to the reciept printer. Like if I open up TextEdit (we use Macs), and print to the receipt printer, it'll print out whatever I have in miniature form on the printer and the cash drawer will open.

I was under the impression that most POS systems behave this way (meaning the printer opens the drawer), but I am only really familiar with my system.

Hi, Garrys.

Are you having any success with printing to the Epson TM-T88 from FM under Windows?

What fonts are you using?

Have you been able to use the printer's built-in fonts?

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

This topic is 6492 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.