Embarrasing Data Entry Problem

Hellmut

This topic is 6563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I defined a lay out for data entry by key board. However, filemaker won't let me enter data.

I am in browse mode and created three records. When I click into the fields they do not get activated. Using tab does not help either.

There's probably a simple problem but as I am an ignorant beginner I have not been able to figure out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Leviathan__s_Database.fp7.zip

Edited by Guest
Updated file for remaining problem.

Go to Layout mode, choose Layout Setup... and select Individuals in the 'Show records from' section.

If you want to enter new data into the portals too, enable record creation in the relationships' definitions.

Follow up question. I fixed the problem according to Comment's instructions. There remains a problem with the portal titled violence.

For some reason, record one moves data in the portal violence to the second row. Why does that happen?

I will replace the file in the first post.

If you look at the raw data in Violence (change it to table view for easy viewing all records) and place V type field on it, you will see a record with no V-Type (and all other fields are blank as well). That is what is showing as the first record. Type something in that V-Type field and you'll see it. :wink2:

This topic is 6563 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.