Who is online with TS

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I hope someone can help with this small issue.

I have a FMP8 file being served using TS.

I want to see who is logged into the database.

I RDP into the TS server and open the FM Server Admin Tool, then click onte Clients screen. There is a list of all the users, however the Computer name for each one is the name of the Computer they TS into, not their individual user name.

How do I get TS to put in the users (Windows) login name into the Computer Name?

TIA

Jerry

Jerry,

I don't think you can do that. It would be nice if the SA Tool showed both the user and the computer name but it has been my observation that it doesn't.

There is an non-Filemaker admin tool on the Terminal Server itself that may help. On mine it is located here:

C:WINDOWSsystem32tsadmin.exe

If you fire it up it will show all of the users and what applications they have open. I would also bet that a VB script could be written to grab that info and then have the results imported into Filemaker. This method strikes me as a bit kludgy for most folks but...

How do I get TS to put in the users (Windows) login name into the Computer Name?

Like Ted says, you can't. In the Active Directory, machines have their own accounts and while you can rename a machine it's an involved and expensive process. And IIRC it requires a reboot.

I'd have to check but can you see the user names in the event logs? If so, you could modifiy the demo file I have up on my website to extract the info and build you a list of whose is logged in.

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.