User entered boilerplate text on report headers.

odo

This topic is 6534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a database that I'm going to distribute as a runtime solution. I want the user's information to appear in the header of every report. This information is really unrelated to the rest of the data in the database.

The reports are pre-built for the end user, so database fields were the way I was going to go, not text labels.

I've tried using a table to hold the user's information, but the report layout does not want to display these fields because the table is unrelated to the data being displayed in the body.

How do I get the information from an unrelated table to appear in a report OR just any way to accomplish this?

Odo:

Essentially, you want the data to be global to the entire solution, right? If so, simply make the table related to the main table globally, by having an identical field in each. Normally this is done by having a 'constant' of 1. I do it by having (in the main table) a number field with an auto-enter value of 1. In the table with the user info in it, have the same situation. Create a relationship based on the constants, and voila, the customer info will now appear anywhere you want.

-Stanley

Couldn't you just use an X relationship for this purpose and use globals to store the users information? Not that the relationship is even needed really (except perhaps for mergefields).. Essentially this is all thats wanted correct?

~Genx

does not want to display these fields because the table is unrelated

Either make the table related, or use global fields. The second option is more suitable for a single-user solution (as a runtime is bound to be). Global fields are accessible from any table occurence, even unrelated.

Stanley, constant fields are no longer required in version 7 and up - use the x relational operator instead.

This topic is 6534 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.