Server Maintenance This Week. ×

total failure at iwp

This topic is 6561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

So far totally unsuccessful connecting to files via IWP.

the files which are hosted on our server (using standard FM) have been listed them for IWP. I type the address fmp7://IPnumber/file+name.pf7 and it either opens up filemaker or i get a message saying that MacosX doesnt recognise that file format I (in safari).

On a PC I get error messages too. - cant connect to server

i am wondering if I have a firewall issue. If this sounds likely what would a good port number be to use.

Edited by Guest

You are trying to invoke FileMaker using the fmp7 protocol - this is not how to access via IWP.

First you should read the document "FM 7 Instant Web Publishing.pdf" which should be located in the folder where FM7 is installed.

In a nutshell you should be using:

http://ipaddress:port

where IPADDRESS is the address of the hosting machine and PORT is the port number dedicated to fmp web publishing. You must use a different port number if there is a web server running on the hosting machine - typically FMP offers port 591 as this is a fully registered port number.

But read the guide first.

Thanks

I got that address from the help menu - must have misread things. For some reason that help PDF is not in my application folder (guess i'll reinstall)

Any it works now - thanks again

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6561 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.