Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Merge Two Records

This topic is 6573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi there,

I have a database of recruits that contain personal information and tournament and recruiting contact tables accessed by portals. I have written a script to detect duplicates based on name, high school, and state.

The problem that I am having is writing a script to merge the duplicate records. I want to merge them because the first record might have one tournament and the other record might have another, if something happened during import.

I can't seem to find a way to have access to the fields for both at the same time. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank you.

-Cam

Here's a script that deletes duplicates but merges the child records into the original. The check for duplicate records is very basic, since you already have that worked, merely checking whether the name is the same. I concentrated on the portion of the script to merge the duplicate record child records.

MERGE.fp7.zip

That looks like it is going to work great for the tournaments and recruit contacts!

Would I need to use variables to merge the information in the main information table (i.e., phone, email, addr)? I can't think of any other way to access information in two main records.

Thanks.

This topic is 6573 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.