Should be easy?

This topic is 6553 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello all,

Making an attempt to open a window and having a problem moving it to where I would like to appear. I have a script that works, but the window keeps opening in the top left corner. No matter how I adjust the distance from top or from left, it still opens in the corner. Am I forgetting something? Thanks.

I believe "resize to fit" will make the window full screen and move it to the upper left.

If you want it to be located elsewhere, you'll want to move the window AFTER the "resize to fit" command.

Or, better yet, don't use "resize to fit" at all -- figure out the exact coordinates (size & location) that you want and use them.

Also, beware that window sizing behavior differs on Mac & Windows, and that individual users may have different screen layouts (e.g. Dock on Left, Dock at Bottom, etc.)

Windows sizing and placement wants the size and distance in px. 5 px wouldn't be noticeable so would APPEAR in the top left corner. Try entering Top and Left figures of 100 and see if it moves.

Resize to Fit doesn't make it full screen. It makes it whatever size needed so all objects will display.

This topic is 6553 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.