Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Default value from previous record

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm working on a task recording system. I have a master or header table that contains information for a support call, then I have a related detail table (in a portal) that contains records for things like: travel to site, on-site, lunch, break, training, etc.). This table has fields for start time, end time, and elapsed time.

What I would like is for either the start time for one record to automatically be put into the end time for the previous record, or for the end time for one record automatically be the start time for the next record.

Is there a calculation function that I am missing? I've looked at using a global field but I can't find a way to get the value into that field without using a script.

This is possible using a self-join and an auto-enter calc, but exactly how depends on what you mean by 'previous record'.

In a multi-user solution, the previously created record in the table could have been created by a different user. So a simple self-join based on all records may not be a good idea. In this case, the self-join can be filtered by the current user, or whatever. Then the auto-enter calc can be something like:

Start Date (auto-enter calculation) = last(Self-join by User::End Date)

This topic is 6560 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.