Formatting text colour

This topic is 6541 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Since latinoheat was not specific about the circumstances under which the text color in the portal rows should change, I provided a very basic example that will work fine in a portal row. If there is a field in the portal that determines what color the text should be, use the example I provided on a field in the related table and it will work great. If latinoheat gets more specific, maybe we can provide a more specific solution.

Formatting text colour on individual rows of a portal, how would i do this.

... I thought this implied that they wanted to know how to do it based on individual rows, yet your right, the criteria wasn't specified. We'll have to wait and see.

... calc that uses get(portalrownumber)... [color:blue]if thats not a function, get(recordnumber).

Some might question whether you are providing assistance at all if you suggest something that you don't even know exists. Yes. There is a Get(PortalRowNumber). But even though it exists, you haven't provided ANYTHING in the way of assistance. What should they do with Get(PortalRowNumber) or Get(RecordNumber)? Put it in a bank and draw interest? :confused:

I could have responded with, "On Tuesdays sometimes but I think green would work better." And if voted upon by the Forum, it'd probably be a tie on which of us was the most helpful. Make sense, Genx? :wink2:

Johns post prior to mine covered this. All i suggested was swapping an auto enter text field for a calc field and perhaps utilize the get(recordnumber) function.

I too think green would work better on tuesdays, and every day :

Once again, until the OP specifies exactly what they want, there's no real point in going in to detail (even though john did and i just specified a different criteria and field type with the same method).

No i didn't your point is taken, but

a) i really am in a bit of a rush and this is my real last post,

: ... your point is taken

c) Green really is a nice color on tuesdays

d) that was a joke and your point is taken

e) i don't usually question whether functions exist (even though i know i shouldnt at all)

f) that post was more querying johns method than trying to provide a real solution

Jokes aside, i'm not daft, i really do get the point of your post and will think about it in future.

~Genx

Thank you to everyone for the help, i decided to take the easier way out and create 3 separate portals and format them indivdually, setting the intial row to the next value needed.

This topic is 6541 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.