Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Unstored Calculation as Global

This topic is 6545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can someone tell me how the developer of this solution, managed to store his calculated global as un-stored?

Interface_Rad

I spent to long trying to figure out why I could not replicate what was done in this freeware, and then when I checked his global calc settings I discovered my problem.

Anyone know how this was achieved?

example.GIF

I am guessing that you were using FM7 (update your profile...)?

That was a new feature introduced with FM7 - global unstored calcs.

-Raz

*Calculations defined with global storage options display values calculated using the last modified record

Edited by Guest
added fm help text

I am developing a new solution with 8 advanced our current/live system is still being run in fmp 6 with 5.5 server.

To my knowledge you can not have both a calculation field that has both the global storage checked as well as the "do not store..." box checked at the same time.

At least my version of 8Av3 will not let me check both at the same time

Sorry- thought that it was the whole "set a calc as a global" thing coming from FM5 you were talking about.

Re-read the post and checked out the file in FM7Dev and FM8av3, and it is odd. Also, once one is unselected, I can not get it to go back to its original doublechecked state, and its behavior is indeed specific to that doublechecked state.

I will try and have a look at it later this eve as well.

Thats ok...I had the same results, I can not recreate this solution because I have the same problem you did when trying to check both options.

I cloned the file and am using it as of right now.

Hopefully someone else may be able to chime in as to whether this will cause problems :

Probably will since its not designed to function this way.

Thanks for the link Comment

One question rather then using:

If(gYourTriggerField; gTheFieldYouWantToReference)

I would be able to use:

Evauate( GlobalCalc; Field/fields GobalCalc References )

Thanks

Edited by Guest

Sorry,

The way the demo file works is by using global unstored calcs to run a tab interface.

Since they are global it allows you to put the Repeating Fields (tabs) on any layout and they function properly.

I am trying to find a way to still use the calc with global storage but turn off the unstored since it really isn't allowed.

The problem I am having is getting the calcs with global storage to update themselves when I click on one "tab" and jump to a different layout.

A script already controls the layout switch so I am trying to use the evaluate function as a part of the field definition to trigger an update of the calcs with global storage. But I have had no success.

Edited by Guest
Filled in some gaps

I am not sure I follow this (and I have no intention of studying that file). One thing I can tell you for certain: calculation fields re-evaluate under certain conditions. These conditions are the same whether you use the Evaluate() function or not.

This topic is 6545 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.