Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Importing Repeating Fields

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm currently developing a system using filemaker to track our Laptop inventory. We send out laptops every week and we needed a way to track where they are and where they have been using asset tags.

I've run into a problem though. I'm wondering if there is a way to import data from the repeating fields of table1 into the repeating fields of table2 without losing the data that was already in the repeating fields of table2.

For example:

Table1 has a repeating field (laptops) in which 30 of the 50 repeating fields are filled with asset tags.

Table2 also has a repeating field (laptops) in which 10 of the repeating fields are filled with data. I want the data from the repeating fields in table1 to be added to the repeating fields in table2 without erasing the data that already is in the repeating fields of table2.

Here is what it may look like.

Table 1

Field (laptops) containing the following values

A0001, A0002, A0003

Table 2

Field (laptops) containing the following values

A00010, A00011, A00012

I want to be able to import the data from table1 into table2 so the repeating fields will look like this in table2

A00010, A00011, A00012, A0001, A0002, A0003

Is this possible or is there maybe a better way to do this?

I've been working on this project for a long time and have been stuck at this point for a while.

Thanks for the help!

This topic is 6539 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.