find from a checkbox?

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I've created a field in my invoice layout titled "PAID" with a checkbox value list of just a single value also just titled "paid." What I'm trying to do is put a search/of find for all my invoices which are not paid (and thus the PAID box/field unchecked), but I can't put out a search function with an unchecked value field. Any ideas? I only want to have to x out the box if the record/invoice has been paid, rather than having to deselect a secondary "unpaid" box from the value field for when an invoice does get paid.

*I noticed that with any new record I go to after I check the box that it becomes highlighted with a thick black border that goes away after I click outside the field . . . .it's nothing big, but can I disable this unsightly highlight or is it filemaker's way to show me that the field needs to be addressed?

-brian

Through a script, two things:

Enter Find Mode

Set field [Paid; "Paid"

Omit Record

Perform Find

or:

Perform Find

click on specify and click on New.

For action, choose "Omit Records"

And choose your field with the criteria "Paid"

Click OK

That should do it!

Yeah as far as I know, there's no way to remove the highlight, but I do know what you mean about it being a bit awkward.

Glad the find worked :

You can have both. Attached file shows one way. All you need to do is turn off entry to the field in both Browse and Find and attach a script to handle it. You don't NEED the Find button if you wish to manually find. It will work just as well.

The secret to eliminating the black is to Commit the record via script after a selection has been made (in either Browse or Find mode). Since your checkbox either contains "Paid" or is empty, you don't need to omit ... you can just search for = in the field.

LaRetta :wink2:

chkbox.zip

This topic is 6525 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.