Bulleted password field

This topic is 6505 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Is it possible to have a field similar to that of the keychain password field in Mac OS X's KeyChain Utility, that could hide or show the contents of a field.

Perhaps by creating a button beside the field that would request a password when clicked and then once authenticated reveal the entered data in the protected field.

The olde 'Bullet Font' as the normal field view and a script step to switch the font to legible would work just fine.

BE SURE to keep the selection of the password box UNAVAILABLE TO SELECTION. Place a global field above it to allow entry/edit.

At least, something like this is what I've implemented in the past.

A dialog box would be useful, but what about manipulating the displayed field?

Construct these things carefully. :

Edited by Guest

A dialog box would be useful, but what about manipulating the displayed field?

Not sure what you mean here. While you do have to have a field to receive the contents, if that field is a global one it clears at the end of the session.

This is the perform Custom Dialog script step I am talking about here.

Steven

Here is an example of a password setup that I have been using - it works to access the password field itself but could be used for any field. Hope this helps.

PS Converted it from FM6 but think it all works OK in 8.

BulletField.fp7.zip

• Newbies

This is fantastic and very nearly the solution but I think the last sentence in my initial post may have confused the matter somewhat.

I want to store some private data in a protected/hidden (bulleted) field. A field that is protected by a password. For example if the field contained "virtualinsanity", I want the user to see "•••••••" until an unlock button is pressed and a global password entered, say 'access' for example, then the fields data would be revealed.

This protected fields data would differ on each record but the global 'access' password remain the same throughout. I would either set this password or request that it be set one time only on startup and could be changed at will.

The main reason for this is to protect certain elements of data from 'over the shoulder eyes' in a public environment.

Okay well... I actually found the font when looking again 4 months later.

Bullet Font

And the issue of missing font is dealt with if you use an install program to do your installation for you. You can specify fonts to add .dll's to add etc.

This is a modified version to access another field.

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Muzz

PS The password mask was provided to me a couple of years ago as a result of a request on these forums - I think it may have been CobaltSky that posted it.

BulletFieldMOD.fp7.zip

This topic is 6505 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.