Import pst or email files

This topic is 6531 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Have you tried each of the import formats available. BTW, what does pst stand for?

Are there other formats avail in the M$ application such as plain text?

Lee

Don't know what pst stands for, but know it's the data file format like .fmp or .doc or .ppt

I was hoping to do a straight import where the From, To, Subject and Body fields went directly to corresponding fields in a FM database.

Yes, I opened the pst file in WordPad and it looks like a bunch of rectangles/symbols.

I have saved the email as a text file, but that leaves a lot of manual clean-up to get it in a tab-delimited format, for example.

Can you export this data as XML? I thought the Windows version of MS stuff could do that. If you can, there would still need to be some work, creating an xsl for the FileMaker Import. But it would be a safe method. Rectangles and symbols does not sound good. Seems pst is a binary format?

Can FM Pro 8 import Microsoft pst files, such as emails, contacts, etc. I need to import a group of emails.

Thanks,

Gordon

Not directly, but you can use VBscript to extract the info from Outlook and put it directly into FM (with the VBscript plugin), or have the VBscript write the data to a text file and trigger an import script in FM.

This topic is 6531 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.