Title Case Hard Format

Genx

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is there a function similar to Upper() or Lower() that will hard format a field in Title Case? I only ask because i don't want to waste time making my self a custom function to do it if it already exists.

Cheers,

~Genx

So many of us seem not to read the online help system, which is essential now as there is very little printed matter from FMP that provides concise listings.

The PROPER() function is listed in the TEXT FUNCTIONS (where else?) - did you look in the online help?

I don't know what you think of the navigation tools in the online help, but they aren't worthy for a main provider of widely acclaimed RDBMS tool!

Very much to our luck have they seen this flaw and reissued it as html with a more contemporary responsiveness, I do always use this instead:

http://www.filemaker.com/help/func-alp.html#top

--sd

Guys... calm down. I'm sorry, i do refer to the help manual, unfortunatley its usually only when i know the function exists, because it is a tad hard to get around unless you know what your looking for.

I wouldn't think of looking for proper because frankly it doesnt exactly express to me what the function does, TitleCase might've been better. Anyway i'm only having a bit of a whinge.

And it's not like i ask stupid questions all that often anyway... That's not a challenge for anyone to try and quote me :

~Genx

My response was not directed at you and or your question, so relax. My response was to point out to Soren that the same information that was at the link he pointed to, was also right in the Online Help.

Lee

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.