Multiple Portals on the same layout

scottvaughan

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Is this possible? I presently have 3 layouts with specific portals on each showing a production schedule for 1 of 3 pieces of equipment. Each layout refers to a specific relationship I have created and they all work fine. When I try to put 3 portals on one layout, I am stuck. How do I get the layout to refer to 3 different relationships or do I created one relationship for the 3 portals?

Hey there -

You would create 3 relationships:

Basically the three relationships need to Related to the same table occurrence in the relationship graph

So you could have:

PartsTable related to ScheduleTable1 through any field

PartsTable related to ScheduleTable2 through any field

PartsTable related to ScheduleTable3 through any field

Does that help?

If you can send a file, I would be more than glad to look at it!

Martha

Hi, there.

Here's a supplemental question on this topic: is it possible to navigate between portals on a layout via scripting?

I'd like to have one portal showing several related records that contain a fair amount of information, using a small font.

Then, I'd like to be able to "zoom" in on one record, for editing purposes and display that record somewhere else, on the same layout, using a larger font (we will be using touchscreens).

From what I've been able to determine by some testing and by the FM documentation, the second portal appears to be stuck on the first record of the related set.

Is there a way to specify THAT portal, (and then, maybe, do a "Go to Portal Row"):P

Thanks!

This topic is 6524 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.