Have trouble with this touch screen keyboard.

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am creating an on screen keyboard for a touch screen kiosk and I can not figure out how to send a command that executes a backspace or a (delete).

I posted this question to another area of this website but judging from the lack of replies I think that it should have been posted in this section.

I am pretty new to FM 7 & 8 so I am probably doing lots of things the wrong way. I need to get this up and running tonight for a customer install tomorrow.

Here is a sample of my file. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

KEYBOARD.zip

Anyway just use

For Backspace

Left([color:red]YourTempTextField ; Length([color:red]YourTempTextField) - 1)

And if your planning on allowing the use of the left right cursor keys... then you have a bit of a problem. Though you might try integrating the Get(ActiveSelectionStart) function as follows.

For Backspace

Left([color:red]YourTempTextField ; Get(ActiveSelectionStart) - 1) & Right([color:red]YourTempTextField ; Length([color:red]YourTempTextField) - Get(ActiveSelectionStart))

I posted this question to another area of this website but judging from the lack of replies I think that it should have been posted in this section.

Lack of replies? You have been directed to the exact functions and script steps to use, and to a demo file that does EXACTLY what you want.

I believe the function of this forum is to help you learn how to do things - not to do them for you. Some things are more complex than others, and may require a certain level of experience. Perhaps you should consider hiring someone to do the job.

Lack of replies? You have been directed to the exact functions and script steps to use, and to a demo file that does EXACTLY what you want.

I believe the function of this forum is to help you learn how to do things - not to do them for you. Some things are more complex than others, and may require a certain level of experience. Perhaps you should consider hiring someone to do the job.

I am sorry that I missed your previous replies to my question. I do appreciate your effort to help.

If I was able to post and pay to have someone do it for me that would be great.

I contribute generously to several forums that are more in the area of expertise. Right now on this forum I am more of a taker than a giver. Sorry!

One improvement to this forum would be emails that link back to the threads.

Are you reading the Replies being supplied?

One improvement to this forum would be emails that link back to the threads.

LaRetta has already explained how the forum works, and where and how to find your posts Here

In case you haven't seen it, there is a Suggestion Topic at the Bottom of the Forum Index page where you can make your suggestion. However, be sure to read the other threads there, to ensure you are not duplicating what someone else has already requested. Also, take a look at the post by genx (most recent topic), as it may be of help to you.

Lee

We don't mind answering questions, we were / are all takers every once in a while, the issue is that you didn't check the previous area before posting. Secondly, there is an email feature - it updates you according to how you set it... instantly, daily, weekly etc. To quickly view your topics, click My Profile - My Topics. Finally, before you say that your questions havent been answered please at least be courteous enough to check the replies properly first - and if you don't know how, read the FAQ or How Do I Use these forums, New to the forums? sections - whatever they're called on the front page.

This topic is 6526 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.