Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FM 8 Web Publishing Engine Problems

This topic is 6527 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Background: We have FileMaker Web Publishing (WPC & CWPE/CONFIG) installed on MS Server 2003. We purchased it about 2 weeks ago, so I assume we have the latest & greatest.

I have one problem & one quirk. The problem comes with some Drop Down Lists. We use a series of 5 Drop Downs, with each Drop Down attached to a Relationship. (Year, Make, Model, Series, Body Style). Works good in the normal Client/Server setup.

In the Web version, each time we make a Selection on one of the Drop Downs, the Web Page makes us hit a Submit Button.

I have checked the Layout, and it saves the data directly (as one would expect, since it works with the FM Client).

Is this a problem in the Web Setup or in the FileMaker File?

As for the Quirk, we have what amounts to a Stop Light, with three round buttons (Green, Yellow & Red). They have always been round, and remain that way.

On the Webpage, they come out as Squares. Very odd.

These are documented differences between IWP and FMP client/server. IWP does not use a persistent connection with the host, so each transaction must be sent as a separate request. This causes conditional value lists and lookups to work differently via IWP.

As far as the rounded buttons, that is a limitation of the way IWP uses CSS to render layout objects to the browser.

There is nothing wrong with your file, that's just the way it works.

This topic is 6527 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.