Troubleshoot Report

abomb

This topic is 6495 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone,

I am going nuts trying to get a sub summary report to work. what is crazy is that I got it perfect in another report just a week or so ago.

two tables. Quote and QuoteItem

this is a one to many relationship; One quote number to many or one quote items. Now I'm trying to create a "job card" based off these tables. I just want a subsummary based off Quote #.

Layout shows records from QuoteItem; sub-summary by Quote #. When I find records for certain Quote #, it is only showing one record per page.

This is so madening because I set up a purchase order database basically the same way, and it works fine. I should probably post my database. I don't know how or if I even can (FMforum says there is a problem attaching?). If anyone can think of anything I'm missing, I would really appreciate it

Thanks for responding so fast.

The answer is no to both. When I enter preview mode, it shows pages 1 to ?. I can hit the arrow and see all of them, just not on the same page.

This may be a dumb question, but still alittle new with reports and sub-summaries. Do I need a summary field in my quoteitem table? I really don't need to total anything. It is supposed to just be a list for the guys in my shop to follow. In the other report I finished, I had a grand totoal summary field.

Thanks again.

Do you have a Body part? Do you want a Body part? If there are no fields in the Body part, remove it so it doesn't display blank space for every quote item.

Also, you want to make sure you are using the foreign key field for Quote # and not the primary key for Quote #. I am assuming this is how you are relating the two tables. You can't subsummarize a report based on a related field. Also, make sure you are sorting by the correct field. Once you make the change to the subsummary part, make sure you sort by the foreign Quote #.

That was it. Using the primary key QuoteID. I thought I had it listing from the foreign but I didn't, I don't know. Thank you so much. Sometimes you just need someone to point it out. Thanks agian, this forum is the best.

This topic is 6495 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.