Newbie: Value List in 'Custom dialog' script?

This topic is 6508 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi everyone, please excuse the newbie question - I consulted the search engine but didn't net a result.

I'm trying to figure out how I can set up a custom dialog script (popup window) that displays a value list (drop down menu) for a given field.

Basically I want the diaglog to ask 'What is this persons location' and then the user can select one answer from a given value list (which then becomes the 'location' field). I understand how to define fields that must be a member of a certain value list - I just can't get those values to show up in a custom dialog script step.

Can this be done?

Thanks once again in advance

Hi Steveo.

Unfortunately, no, not the way you are trying. The display custom dialog script step will let you assign 3 input fields that the user can enter into, but you cannot format them as checkboxes or popup lists (or format in any way, I believe).

If you want the pop up list, one method is to have the script open a new window to a layout that you create that mimics a custom dialog. On this layout you would write "What is this persons location?" above the location field that was formatted with your popup. You will want to include a 'continue' and 'cancel' buttons to get the user back to the main screen.

HTH

-Raz

Another way is to buy a plug-in for customized custom dialogs but personally until they put in a date drop which would be the only real reason i would buy one... i won't buy one.

This topic is 6508 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.