Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Some nice changes

This topic is 6516 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

1: Be able to control the time a tooltip is displayed. Also be able to use Text Formatting with Tooltips.

2: Define the default tab in the Tab Control Widget.

3: In the Relationships Graph, be able to group and lock a bunch of relationships along with the Note. Also, color the relationship lines the same color as the relationship for easier tracing.

4: Add another field control called 'Keypad' so we can popup a keypad next to numeric fields for data entry.

5: Attach scripts to Tabs so that we can control navigation, validation, etc.

Steve

I'm aware of setting it in layout mode. Invariably all of us will forget at least one time (probably more). I do a runtime, and have over 500 layouts, and I can bet that I'll screw up. It shouldn't be based on the last-visited...it should be based on something positive. It's just bad design.

Steve

And some that I forgot:

1: Enable 'Save To PDF' in runtimes and kisoks.

2: Same with 'Save To Excel'.

3: Enable combining PDF documents.

4: Include installers for both platforms.

5: Fix the Custom Menu command so that Exit is not automatically included on the first menu. Allow nested submenus (flyouts), the ability to disable a menu entry. Ability to remove the Window close,minimize buttons.

6: Add Get(CurrentTabName) so we don't have to work around this (JMO: I know I can already do this, but it would be nice if FM did it).

7: On the Object Size Widget: Click the Up, Down, Left, Right, Arrows and have the field move 1 increment in that direction. Do the same with height and width.

8: Fix the problem when changing the size of an object, you have to deselect and reselect to move it. This I would think is a bug, since it didn't exist in v6 and earlier.

Steve

Great list Steve. Nice to see some overlap in our wishes, hopefully it will count for something.

For the active tab name there is a slick and easy workaround here , but I agree it would be nice to have natively.

-Raz

*just noticed that you had already found that post many months ago. Well, others might find it helpful

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6516 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.