Record by record Access

smudge11

This topic is 8186 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a job tracking database for our small graphic design studio. I have created a checkbox field that when checked should lock the record to make it uneditable for users with the standard password. I am seeing some strange behavior where theis seems to work when I first engage it, but later or the next day, "unlocked" records are unmodifiable.Any idaes on how to straighten this out? There are only 3 of us so the database is hosted by the first user, not through FMP server. Would a change in host have an effect on this action? I wouldn't think so, but I'm at a loss as to why the behavior seems to lock up all records.

It seems now that all records are locked as soon as I engage the limited access. The calculation is just a simple If statement: If(Lock="Locked",0,1)

[ December 20, 2001: Message edited by: smudge11 ]

Are any of these fields Globals? Does this affect the Host user, the Guest users or both? Does it have an effect when the files are opened without any guests?

Also a quick way of evaluating simple boolean logic is...

code:

Lock = "Locked"

This will evaluate to 1 or 0, without the need of evaluating the whole IF statement.

This topic is 8186 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.