FM8.5 and Plug-ins

This topic is 6517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having that same problem too. Are you both on Intel Macs? My coworker is able to use the plugins fine on his PPC Mac, but my MacBook won't see them. Do they need to be recompiled as Universal Binaries?

Using IntelMac, Mac Book Pro.

Everything works fine under 8 but 8.5, nada. Troi just released a universal version of Activator. I just got an email from the EventScript guy and he's finishing the Universal version of that as well.

As mentioned some weeks ago on our website, EventScript 1.1 will be available in Universal Binaries and it will continue to be free of charge. This upcoming version will run on new Intel-based Macintoshes AND ALSO on older PowerPC Macintoshes.

ES 1.1 will work on Pro(v7, v8 and v8.5), on Developer(v7), on Pro Advanced(v8 and v8.5), on Runtimes and also, on Kiosk distributions.

The testing phase is almost finished so we can expect an official release within the next hours.

Sincerely.

One thing you can do for the time being is this

Close FMP 8.5 and click on Get info on FMP8.5 or 8.5 advanced the click the check box.

"Run Using Rosetta"

then you can run the non universal plugins and use the new 8.5 features.

Here is the updated version of the MacExample plug-in. I just tested it on a Pentium Mac Mini and it works.

The speed increase with 8.5 on the Pentium Macs was substantial for us. Unfortunately we need an updated credit card plug-in to start using it.

By the way...can someone please tell me how to get the quoting feature on this forum to work again? I can no longer quote people's posts. It stopped working about two weeks ago.

MacExample.fmplugin.zip

This topic is 6517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.