multiple users

This topic is 8156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have developed a database that will used by 60 users. I want each of them to be able to log on to records that they create, but not to records created by the other 59 users.

I think I need a third party password administration program?

Can anyone recomend one?

This may sound a bit kludgy, but...

Create a related file with usernames and passwords. Make sure any layout that contains the password field is locked to anyone without the proper password for this file.

In the main file, create an opening script that takes everyone to a "sign in" layout; after putting in a user name and a password, the script continues to check that the password is correct, and finds those records matching the username. Disable menu commands, creating buttons to sort, create & delete records, close the file, etc.

For finds, create a script that goes to a separate "Find" layout and enters the username in a username field with manual entry disabled. Also, create a "New Request" button that creates a new request and again enters the username automatically. That way, any finds they do will have to be records for their username only.

I've kind of "sped up" this explanation, but I think you have enough here to get the idea.

This topic is 8156 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.