Date Fields not displaying or printing correctly

This topic is 6056 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a file which has been coverted from 6 to 7. I have everything working OK except for two fields on 2 different layouts which contain dates. These two fields display and print as a question mark ("?"). This is only happening with imported records, new records display and print fine. I have tried changing the font and font size but to no avail. If I select the field the data is all there and visible. Hope someone can help as I want to go live with this update shortly.

the ? is indicating your field isn't large enough, or that your calculation is broken. Take a look at the file in version 6.

Lee

Edited by Guest

The question mark indicates an invalid date. Check that both the source and target fields involved in the import are DATE type fields, and that the source file contains valid dates (you can check for invalid dates by searching for a question mark in the date field).

When you click into a date field, you see the actual data - it doesn't mean it's a valid date (for example, it could have a trailing space ).

Thanks for your response. Makes sense except that in the source file (v6) the dates are displaying and working correctly. Both the source and the destination fields are formatted as DATE and both use the same date format. There are no leading or trailing characters.

Any other ideas :)?

I wasn't there, so I have to take your word for it. Nevertheless, a question mark indicates an invalid date. As I have mentioned, if you perform a find for question mark in the date field, any records found have invalid dates - so there's a way for you to verify this diagnosis.

• 1 year later...

This is a real old thread, but I'm having the same issues. Its really quite strange. I've attached shots of an archived database and the most recent DB with the question marks. It shows them on all layouts for those fields, but yet all the tables connected are still working properly. I'll just reimport the data for now because it doesn't change. But would like to know why it happened. The only real thing I've been doing with it is creating/testing runtimes.

jon

Picture_1.png

This topic is 6056 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.