Scripting a Reminder - How do you do it?

This topic is 6517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok, here's my problem. I've been playing with this for 4 days now and all I've accomplished is having FM crash continually. So, I know I'm screwing something up.

I have downloaded the scripting plug-ins SCRIPTit, Troi Activator and Dacons ScriptFire. Using Troi Activator created my crash problems, which I think (Hope) is resolved. I deleted the plug In and all associated scripts and calcs and copied my previous working version back. I am now working only with a clone of my app with limited records.

Anyway, on to my Quest. I have a Reminder portal on my contacts layout. The portal has the following fields.

ReminderID

Alarm //Tells how much in advance to remind me

Creation Date

Reminder Date

Reminder Time

Reminder Purpose

Completed

**The portal works fine and creates a new record when I enter any data into a field. It also enters the correct contactID.

I also have these fields in the table:

ContactID

gReminderID

gContactID

gReminder Date

gReminder Time

gTriggerCalc

I want to set up the reminder based on the contact record. So the Reminder Purpose would be "Set Client Interview Prep" or "Get Offer" blah, blah, blah.

I would like the script to be triggered when I exit the "Alarm field."

My problem. We use laptops so we shut down at the end of the day and take them home with us. If we have reminders schedule, do we lose them? Making that assumption ( Lord how I hate doing that ) do I set up a startup script that checks for each reminder for that day and for all reminders in advance of the current time or is their a plug In that will reset itself.

I guess I'm looking for some advice on what event scheduler is easiest to use and how would you go about setting this up.

Thanks in advance for all your help and suggestions.

Al

This topic is 6517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.