Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Grouping the Address Book

frida

This topic is 6470 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Could someone PLEASE help me work this out, it is driving me mad;

In the address book I have a field where you choose the profession of the person you are adding (producer, director, casting director etc). On the PROJECT layout I have The fields where you need to fill in the name of the producer, director, agent etc. I would like it to be a dropdown list of all the names of producers in the address book when you fill it in. In other words I think I need to group people in the address book in order to make this work. If the person is not already in the address book I would like a dialog box which asks you if you want to add this person to the address book.

Is this possible?

To complicated for me...

Hi Phil,

In the ADDRESS BOOK layout you fill in all nessacary info about every person. One of the fields is a dropdown value list where you can pick the different professions. I need this value list to group the people by profession in order to work in a different layout called PROJECTS.

In project I need to be able to pick only the PRODUCERS from the ADDRESS BOOK in order to make the list smaller and handier. I have absolutly no idea where to start.

Also IF the PRODUCER is not already in the ADDRESS BOOK I would need a dialog box that asks you if you would like to add this person to the ADDRESS BOOK.

For a rockie as me this is a complete nightmare to understand or explain. Does it make sense or shall i send you a clone via e-mail so you know what i am on about.

Thanks.

Hi Frida

Please do let me have a clone of your file. I can then amend it to do what you want and you can pull it to pieces to learn from it or I can talk you through the steps one by one, whichever you would prefer.

In order to help anyone else who may have the same or a similiar problem please attach your file here, then, as we work through this we can add to the knowledge base as we go along

Phil

This topic is 6470 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.